Friday, October 28, 2011

August 7th, 2277, 8:12PM

<Click>
//    Well, I backed out of this Regulator business. I gave the tape to Sonora and told her
    that I wouldn't help. I couldn't. I didn't want to die for some war I didn't understand.
    Well, let me start from last night. When I gave her the holotape.
    "What the fuck?" She yelled.
    "This is fucking horrible! We only have six guys here." Lucy said.
    "Well, I'm sorry, but I don't want to die..." I started, "I think I'm going to head out."
    "What? Vic, we need everyone we can get!" Lucy yelled at me.
    "No..." I said," I..I can't do this anymore. It's too much for me. I wanted to explore
    and discover things. Not fucking die!"
    "I understand, Vic," Sonora told me," I have a plan any way. We'll bomb the hell out
    of the scrapyard."
    "How?" A Regulator asked.
    "Well, it's a scrap yard, right?" She started," We bring in some old junk cars that still
    have nuke-juice in 'em. Hide some mines. When they're about to attack we activate
    it. They're all blown to hell."
    "That's brilliant." Dave said.
    "Yeah..." I said.
    They let me stay for the night. In the morning, I got up and said goodbye. They told
    me that there was a town to the east. Canterbury Commons. I decided to head
    there. It was around 11 when I left the HQ. Lucy said goodbye. I wondered if it was
    for good. I was alone again. After about an hour of walking I met a Wasteland hostile.
    Just a radscorpion and feral Brahmin. I grabbed my shotgun and aimed at the armored
    insect. I popped it thrice and it died. The brahmin went crazy. It started charging at
    me. I aimed my gun and took a shot. I missed. I fucking missed!  The brahmin's heads
    slammed into me and I flew back. My gun was no where to be found. It was so ironic
    that I leave them and now I'm about to die. Well, I didn't. You could probably tell
    because I'm still alive to record a log about it. Heh. Well, spoilers aside, The brahmin
    was about to crush me with it's legs when I remembered I had a 10MM pistol on my
    belt. I grabbed it and shot wildly at the animal. The bullets didn't do much when hitting
    it's body, but the four shots that met it's heads killed it. I got up and dusted off. Damn.
    My stomach hurt like hell. I looked for my shotgun and couldn't find it. All I had was a
    basic pistol. I decided not to waste time and went for Canterbury. On they way I
    saw a brahmin in the distance over a hill. Great, I thought. However it was odd. It
    had a bunch of bags on it. A caravan! Yes!
    "Hey!" I screamed and ran toward it.
    "Hello?" A man said.
    "Over here." I said, "You have any guns for sale?" I was panting a bit.
    "Uh, yes. I have hot death in a variety of flavors." He told me. He wore a yellowish
    jumpsuit and hat a wat with goggles on it. He also had a nice beard.
    "Whatcha got?" I asked.
    "Take a look." He told me and went to the pack brahmin. His caravan guard looked
    uneasy. I admit, I was being odd, "Here."
    I looked at the pile of guns and saw a combat shotgun exactly like my old one that
    I had just lost. I also saw some other interesting things. I saw an assault rifle,
    hunting rifle, sawed off shotgun, Chinese pistol, and an energy weapon, Laser
    Rifle, I guessed.
    "What's that energy weapon? Laser Rifle?" I asked.
    "Why, yes. Interested?" He asked me
    "Sure, how much? Ammo, too?"
    "Well, I give you a bundle deal. This Laser Rifle and sixty micro-fusion cells for only
    400 caps."
    Damn, I thought. I only had about 750, "Sure. Deal."
    I handed the caps and he handed the gun and ammo box.
    "Where you headed, kid?" He asked.
    "Canterbury Commons." I told him.
    "Well, damn. Me too." He told me, "Come on, we're almost there."
    I needed a change of clothes at this point. I had only some reinforced leather armor
    that Moira gave me back in Megaton," Have any armor?" I asked.
    "No, sorry, kid." He told me.
    "Damn."
    I saw Canterbury in the distance. We were almost there. 
    "Well, you better go in. I stay in front of town." The caravaneer said, "By the way
    I'm Lucky."
    "Thanks, Lucky, I'm Vic. See ya 'round." I told him and went into town. It looked like
    a mini DC. Destoryed road and buildings. Thw whole world looked like this. I was
    greeted by a bald man.
    "Hello, there, traveler," A bald guy greeted me into town, "Welcome to Canterbury
    Commons, I'm Roe."
    "Yeah, thanks,"I thanked him,"So what do you do around here?"
    "Well, we live," He answered.
    "Oh. Ok."
    "If you need anything just ask me."
    "Yeah, ok."
    I walked around and saw a girl walking around the town. She walked up to me.
    "Who're you?" She asked me.
    "Uh.. just stopping by." I told her.
    "Not what I asked, dumbass,"She insulted, "Who. Are. You?"
    "I'm Vic," I answered," You?"
    "Call me Machete." She said.
    "Machete? What's your real name?" I asked her.
    "I said. Call me Machete." She said.
    "Well, then," I said,"What are you? A cop?"
    "Junior officer enforcer, thank you very much."
    "Oh, alright."
    She walked away and resumed her patrol. I saw a diner like place and walked toward
    it. There was a guy that looked like he was selling stuff.
    "Hello?" I poked in.
    "Hey, welcome to Canterbury. I'm Joe Porter," He got a bottle and handed it to me,"
    Take this. On the house."
    "Oh, uh... thanks," I put it in my pack,"Anything else?"
    "Sure, take a look at the menu." He handed me a scorched book with scribbles on it.
    I read what I could:
        -Water
        -Brahmin Steak
        -Ant meat
        -Noodles
        -Sugar Bombs
        -Crunchy Mutfruit
    "How many sugar bombs do you have?" I asked
    "13 Caps a box. I got six," He told me,"Want 'em?"
    "Yeah, ok." I handed him 78 caps and he gave me the food and I put it in my pack.
    "Thanks, man." He said to me.
    "Yeah, thanks." I said and walked out. There was a lot of rubble blocking a path, so
    there was another road and I took it. There was a brahmin pen in front of me and
    Machete walked around and scared the hell out of me.
    "Hah, you suck." She laughed.
    "Sure..." I grunted and she continued around.
    Suddenly, I heard gunfire in the main streets.
    "Die, evil doer!" I heard. What the hell? I looked around the corner into the main
    street and saw a few big robots fighting a few giant ants. There were two guys in
    costumes, too. A robot dressed guy and an ant...?
    The robots murdered the ants in seconds with laser cannons. The ant guy ran away
    and the robots and robot guy chased him.
    "Sorry 'bout that." Roe said to me.
    "Who were those guys?" I asked.
    "Well there's the Mechanist, the robot guy. And the AntAgonizer, the lady in the ant
    costume."
    "What...what..?" I didn't understand what that was.
    "Yeah, they're kind of odd. Annoying. They come into town every once in a while and
    fight each other. I have no clue as to why. The AntAgonizer is the badguy, and the
    Mechanist is the goodguy. At least that's what they think. I don't know..."
    "Yeah..." I noticed the sky fade, "Any where I can sleep for the night?"
    "Well, you can sleep in my place if ya want?" He offered.
    "Yeah, ok," I accepted, "Thanks." He showed me the place. I decided to just sleep
    in the corner near the door. Nothing happened for a while so I recorded this log.
    I'm gonna go to corner now. Heh.
        <Click>
        <Beep, beep, beep>
        <Power: OFF>