Wednesday, October 26, 2011

August 2nd, 2277, 10:18PM

<Click>
//    Well, so I woke up in that Seneca Station at around noon. I went to thank those
    two ghouls.
    "No problem, smoothskin, come back if ya got anymore o' those sugar bombs."
    "Sure," I lied. I loved sugar bombs. I wasn't just going to give them out to people.
    After that, I left the seneca station and went west. I saw a group of guys carrying
    some guys with them. Slavers. I stayed back one of the buildings near Seneca. I
    could barely hear them talking, but I could...
    "Aha! We got those damn losers from the power station!"   
    "Yeah, weenies!"
    "Hahaha! Eulogy'll pay us nicely for you!"
    I wanted to help them, but I couldn't. Me up against two decked out slavers? They'd
    mutilate me. Or just enslave me. I wasn't going to deal with that. I crept along back
    south. Looks like the west was slaver territory. I saw an destroyed overpass ahead.
    I could make out some buildings on top of it. A town? I assumed so. I saw a few guys
    near the river talking. One was a tall old guy dressed darkly. The other seemed to
    be a young guy. About my age. I went toward them.
    "Who are you?" The older man asked me.
    "Just a wanderer. You guys live in that town up there?" I asked.
    "I do, but not Vance." The younger guy said.
    "Oh, what's going on up there? How do you get up?"
    "Well, you go on that side, " He pointed, "And you'll see a few wooden planks to walk
    across."   
    "Oh, cool. Thanks. Where do you live?" I asked the older guy.
    "Over there." He replied, not pointing anywhere.
    "Oh, uh... ok. Thanks." I replied. I then walked over to the entrance to the overpass
    town.
    Arefu, the sign leading to the overpass said. Huh. I walked up and saw the wooden
    bridges. I carefully walked across. Eventually I came across an older man pointing
    an assault rifle at me.
    "Who are you? Why are you here?" He asked me.
    "I'm just a travler, why?" I told him.
    "You're not one of them, are you?" He shook his rifle.
    "Them?"
    "The Family!" He yelled, "Are you?"
    "Uhhh... no. I'm not, why?"
    "They're a gang of bandits that keep messing with us!" He told me, holstering his gun.
    "You need help?" I inquired.
    "Sure, how about you kill all of those fucking bandits?" He whined, sarcastically.
    "Maybe I can help some other way?" I asked him, "You need supplies?"
    "No, we're fine. You should leave before they attack again."
    "Are you sure...?" I went on.
    "Yeah, we don't need you!" He snapped, "Leave, please!"
    "Uhhh... ok, sorry, I guess..." I turned around and went back down. He seemed to
    need help, but wouldn't accept any. Interesting.
    As I was heading back down the kid from the river was walking up.
    "Uh... hey." I greeted him.   
    "Eh." He replied.
    Eh, whatever. This town was full of loonies, anyway. I went back down and saw a
    brahmin pen to my left. Must belong to the town. I saw the older guy who was talking
    to the kid in the distance. He was heading north. I contemplated following him, but
    decided not to. He looked like trouble. I went west, looking out for slavers. If I
    met with them, life as I know it would end. Soon. I saw a building in the distance. It
    looked destroyed and had a few downed pole-like things around. It appeared to be
    a pre-war power station. Was it the one the slavers were talking about? I hoped not.
    Then again, they cleared the place out so they probably wouldn't return any time
    soon. I traveled inside. The place was a wreck. Knocked shelves, ruined books, the
    likes. It looked safe to spend the night. It was getting dark. I dropped my pack in the
    corner and went back outside for a bit. I looked around the building for anything
    useful. The night was getting closer, so I decided to head back inside. After further
    inspection I saw a few glowing Nuka-Colas like the one I found in Springvale. I never
    drank it, though. I sold it to Moira to inspect. I grabbed one of the three bottles and
    popped it open. It made a soothing shhhh sound. I took the cap and threw it into my
    pack. I drank the Quantum Nuka-Cola. It tasted... odd. Like sugar mixed with sugar
    mixed with more sugar. Damn. It was intense. It tasted amazing, though. I grabbed
    another one and gulped it down. All that soda made my bladder queezy. I went outside
    to take a piss break. I was freaked as fuck to see that the damn stuff made my pee
    glow! Holy Shit! I decided not to drink the other one, because I wasn't sure if it
    had any negative side effects. I went inside and readied for sleep. I ate some Cram
    and and YumYum Eggs. Nasty, but I wanted to finish it off before it spoiled. Even
    though, out here in the wasteland, everything was spoiled.
    I guess it's time for sleep now. Bye.
        <Click>
        <Beep, beep, beep>
        <Power: OFF>