Saturday, November 26, 2011

August 9th, 2277, 7:54PM

    <Click>
//    Well, I woke up and glanced at the Vault Door. It was opened. I was freaked out and
    my leg felt pain as a looked around. I looked at it and saw my pack was gone. I looked
    around the room and saw it, empty, across the cave. I guessed that someone found
    me, sleeping and with a bullet wound, against the wall and thought I was dead.
    Well, at least I'm alive, I thought. I heard gunshots from within the vault. I quickly
    tried to stand. I got up and leaned against the wall. My leg felt a little better. but
    it wasn't great. Far from it, in fact. More gunshots came from the vault. My laser rifle
    was gone, but my pistol wasn't. I grabbed it off of my belt and checked it. It looked
    fine. As I was limping toward the Vault Door I heard a door open inside and laser shots
    fire. Was it my laser rifle? A guy in a armored duster ran out of the vault and saw me.
    "Whoa, who da fuck are you?!" He shouted.
    "Uhhh-"
    "Here, dude, take this!" He threw an Assault Rifle at me and I caught it," Damn loonies
    in here. Shoot 'em!"
    A few crazed men in vault suits who looked shockingly similar ran out toward us.
    "Ahaha Garrrryyy~!" The shouted.
    The guy in the duster shot them with my laser rifle and I shot as well. I was
    inaccurate as hell, though.
    "Learn to fuckin' aim, man!" He yelled at me, "Shoot, dumbass!"
    I steadied and shot a few bullets at one of the crazies. After all four were dead, the
    guy turned to me, holstering my rifle.
    "Aren't you that dead guy?" He looked at me and pointed at the ground where I was.
    "I was sleeping," I said,"You the guy who took all my shit?"
    "Yeah, and you ain't getting it back," He snapped,"I'll let ya live, cuz I'm a nice guy."
    He turned to the door to the outside and opened it, "Good luck, man." He walked out.
    I looked at the assault rifle and reloaded it. I limped toward the door and opened it.
    I saw him walking off, and thought to my self.
    Shoot him and take my stuff back? Or let him leave?
    I aimed my assault rifle at him from about 30 yards and fired. I held the trigger until
    the gun ran dry. He fell down and rolled down the slope. I limped toward him and
    looked at him. After about thirty seconds he shook and started to get back up.
    "You..." He started, "Dumb... mutha...fucka..." He got out a pistol from his belt and
    aimed it at me.
    I reloaded the assault rifle and looked at him. He looked like he was in shock a bit.
    He dropped the gun and fell to his knees. Blood poured out of his mouth.
    Did my shots just get him? I wondered and went toward him. He collapsed and some
    random items rolled out of his duster. I looked at his back where I shot him and saw
    three holes. Only three went through? Damn. He must've been stupid to think I wouldn't
    try something. I heard clanging over the hill. I stumbled over and saw a caravan.
    "Hey!" I screamed. The two guys looked toward me.
    "You need somethin'?" The caravaneer asked.
    "Please, "I started, "Please, come here!"   
    They walked toward me and saw the body, "The hell happened here?"
    "Yeah, I need help," I limped toward him a bit, "My leg's been shot."
    "Dom, help him," The merchant said, "We'll get him to Canterbury."
    "Yeah." Dom said.
    "Thanks, guys." Dom handed me a crutch. I didn't see where he got it, but it helped.
    "My name's Crow, by the way." The merchant said.
    "Yeah, I'm Vic."
    We headed back to Canterbury and Roe saw me.
    "Damn, one minute you're fine, "He shook his head, "Next, you're all shot up."
    "You look like you'll need some new armor, Vic." Crow said to me.
    "Yeah." I said.
    "I have some better equipment if you're interested." He offered.
    "Like what?"
    "Best I got is some Mk. III Combat Armor," He told me," 350 Caps."
    "Damn, I don't have that much," I told him, "Shit! I spent it all on the damn laser rifle
    and that guy stole it! I never got it back!"
    "Well, that sucks." Roe said.
    I turned to Dom," I'll give you my extra caps if you go and get it back for me?"
    "Yeah, sure. On that dead guy?" He asked.
    "Yeah, "I confirmed," Thanks."
    He left for the laser rifle.
    "If you want to sleep at my place again, you're welcome to." Roe said.
    "Sure, thanks Roe." I limped over to his place and waited outside for Dom.
    Crow waited as well. After about an hour, we saw an explosion off in the direction.
    The town got out and looked. It seemed as if it was a Mini-nuke from a Fatman.
    "Dom!" Crow yelled,"Shit!"
    "What was that?" I asked.
    "I dunno..."
    After a few minutes we say something fly in the distance. I'd never seen anything fly
    before. I'd heard about it from people and read about it in books, but this was different.
    It flew in our direction and right on over the town.
    "Enclave!" Roe shouted.
    "The radio guys?" I asked.
    "They always talk like they're the saviors of America. They just fly around and blow
    shit up, apparently."
    "Dom probably got in the way, from the look of it." I said," Sorry, Crow..."
    "Damn it!" He yelled,"He was a good man."
    I checked my Pip-Boy's time. It said 7:21PM. I went inside and recorded this log.Time
    to sleep.
        <Click>
        <Beep, beep, beep>
        <Power:OFF>