Wednesday, October 26, 2011

August 5th, 2277, 9:56PM

<Click>
//    Well, I'm starting to have second thoughts about staying with these regulaters.
    Last night after my log recording, before we went to sleep, we talked about the
    ghoul thing, and why Dave killed them... He said that he knew they'd turn feral
    and wouldn't change his story. Eh, let me start with this morning.
    So, I woke up to Lucy screaming at me.
    "Wake up, Vic!"
    "Augh... Damn," It hurt my head, "Yeah, yeah, I'm awake."
    "Eat something and let's go." Dave instructed me.
    "Yeah, ok." I ate some sugar bombs and a mutfruit. As we left the maintenance room,
    I saw the two dead ghouls lying next to the door. It pissed me off.
    We traveled through the rest of the Farragut Metro and met some Super Mutants
    outside. Three of them. They didn't see us.
    "Shh, we'll try to sneak past them..." Dave said.
    We snuck past them until John tripped. Damn! He tripped on a rock.
    "Ah, damn!" He screamed, "Awww.....shit..."
    "WHAT WAS THAT?" A mutant yelled.
    "TIME TO DIE!"
    "Run? Or shoot?" Lucy asked.
    "Both." Dave said.
    We got out our weapons and backpeddled. One of the mutants ran toward us with a
    nail board. John threw down a frag mine and the dumb mutant stepped on it.
    It didn't kill him, but it downed him. The other two had assault rifles and wore a lot of
    armor. We ran into a building for cover. After a while the other two mutants stopped
    looking for us.
    "Next time, John... "I said, "Don't fuck up."
    "Yeah, uh... sorry."
    We looked around the building and found a gun cabinet with a few rifles inside. We took
    the ammo and used some rifle parts to repair our guns a bit.
    "Let's go." Dave said.
    We walked out of the building and started heading somewhere.
    "So, where exactly are we going?" I asked.
    "Galaxy News Radio." Dave said.
    "Why?"
    "We need to speak with Three Dog." He told me.
    "Oh, ok." I said and we continued.
    We got to the GNR building and there were Brotherhood guys everywhere. One walked
    up to us.
    "This is Brotherhood territory. State you business."
    "We are regulaters, and we need to see Three Dog." Dave told him.
    "Fine, but any funny stuff and you are all dead."
    "Yeah." Dave brushed him off.
    We went up stairs into the building. As we got to the door where Three Dog was, Dave
    turned to me.
    "Vic, you're not an official Regulater so I need you to stay out here."
    "Oh, come on, Dave," Lucy complained.
    "No, he can't be fully trusted."
    "I understand," I told him.
    As they went inside, a brotherhood paladin approached me.
    "Still alive, I see." He said,and took off his helmet.
    "Jameson!" I yelled," Oh, wow, nice to see you again."
    "Yeah, so what have you been up to?" He asked me, helmet held on his hip.
    "Well, I'm traveling with these regulaters. I don't know what they're talking about
    in there, but I don't really care."
    "Well, stay safe, Vic." He walked away and put his helmet back on. It was nice to know
    he was still alive.
    After a while of waiting, Lucy and John came out.
    "Dave is staying here for a while and told us to patrol n' stuff." John told me.
    "You can tag along, if you want." Lucy chimed in.
    "Uh, yeah, sure." I told them
    As we were walking down the stairs to the front door we heard an explosion. The
    whole building shook.
    "Damn!" John yelled.
    "Everyone outside!" A paladin said, grabbing his laser rifle.
    "Shit, should we go out to?" I asked.
    "Well, we can't just stay here!" Lucy yelled.
    Three Dog and Dave came out and went toward us.
    "Everything alright, guys?" Three Dog asked. This was the first time I'd seen him. He
    looked radical.
    "Yeah, you two should continue on what you're doing." John said.
    "Ok. Be safe." Dave told us.
    "Yeah, fight the good fight!" Three Dog yelled.
    We opened the doors and saw bullets flying.
    "Shit, lay low!" I yelled. There were sandbags to take over beside us.
    A paladin was screaming to us," You civilians get back inside!"
    "No, we can help!" Lucy yelled.
    "Don't die!" He told us.
    Super mutants had flooded the plaza. There were so many of them. Dozens.
    There were only about seven paladins, though. I saw a paladin get shot right next to
    me. His head was blown off by a sniper rifle. His gun slid near me. It was a weird energy
    weapon that I'd never seen before. I grabbed it and blind-fired over the sandbags.
    It shot a green energy bolt that hit a wall on the other side of the plaza and melted
    the concrete. I heard a super mutant scream. I guessed I almost hit him. I heard
    another giant explosion.
    "Fatman!" A paladin screamed.
    "Shit, I hope that's on our side..." Lucy griped.
    I'd never heard of a fatman before, "What the hell is that?" I asked.   
    "A mini-nuke launcher." Se told me
    Shit. Well we'd either be dead soon or saved soon, I thought.
    "Backup!" A paladin told us, "Don't worry, civilians."
    I took my energy weapon and shot a few more times over the sandbag wall. I saw
    three more brotherhood guys come from behind the super mutant front. One had
    the fatman I could see. Some of the mutants ran off. Some tried and failed. The others
    stuck it out. John got up from cover to move up. As he was moving he was shot three
    times with an automatic weapon.
    "Shit!" Lucy screamed!
    Fuck, John!" I boomed, he fell down on his back on the steps, blood poured out.
    A paladin boomed," Civilian down!"
    We weren't civilians, damn it. There were only a few more muties left. I shot a few more
    energy shots at one on a ledge. They went through him leaving a melted hole. He
    grasped for life and fell off. The rest were then killed as well. Lucy and I rushed to
    John, but it was too late. He was dead.
    "All clear!" A paladin screamed. I saw only three dead brotherhood guys and at least
    twenty dead muties. We rushed up to where Three Dog and Dave had been.
    We busted open the door.
    "Is everything ok?" Three Dog asked us.
    "No, we lost a few guys, including John." Lucy said, starting to sob a little.
    "Shit..." Dave said.
    "Muties dead?" Three Dog asked.
    "We think so." I said.
    "Well, that's good at least. Sorry about your friend," He said, "He fought the good
    fight."
    Dave got up at faced Three Dog, "Well we need to go now." He said.
    "Yeah, take care." He said.
    Lucy started to cry.
    "Stop it," Dave told her, "Get over it and pay attention."
    "Why are you being such a douchebag, Dave?" I asked him.
    "Don't talk to me like that, wastelander."
    "Whatever, where do we need to go next?" I asked.
    "We need to go back to HQ, "He said, "You, however, I don't know."
    "So, you don't want me along any more?"
    "It's your choice." He told me.
    I glanced at Lucy for a second, she looked sad,"I'd like to tag along again, if you don't
    mind." I told him.
    "Fine, then," He told me, "We'll leave first thing in the morning, then. It's getting late."
    He turned to Three Dog again, "Any where we can stay a night?"
    "Yeah, sure, I got a few beds in the back room, if you want." He informed us.
    "Ok, thank you, Three Dog," Dave thanked him,"I'm heading up, you two come when you're
    ready."
    "Ok," I said, he walked off," You ok, Lucy?" I asked.
    "Y-yeah," She said, "I'm going to sleep..." She wandered after Dave.
    I went outside for a bit to think. Then, I started the log...
        <Click>
        <Beep, beep, beep.>